Late Submission Policy
LATE SUBMISSION POLICY
These are the steps to take:
- Teachers/tutors will need to inform their students of the deadlines for all assignments which will be detailed on all course documentation.
- There can be a deadline of 1 calendar month after the course to submit work without penalty, at the Coordinators discretion with certain circumstances.
- The student and tutor need to inform the Coordinator of any problems or requests for extensions. This will be logged by the Coordinator.
- After the first month, the assignment will be assessed and moderated in the usual way, however 10% of the marks will be deducted per week.
- We can receive work up to 2 months after the deadline, and the assignments will be assessed and moderated in the usual way, but the student will only receive up to a pass: 40% maximum. Work received after this time will not be assessed.
We will follow the general guidance from the University: https://www.aber.ac.uk/en/aqro/students/ug-issues/exam-assess/exam-handbook/
Students must consult their departments’ published procedures for assessments that are unavoidably submitted late. Special Circumstances will normally only be considered on the following grounds, with appropriate supporting documentation:
- Illness – short or long term (with cover letter from doctor)
- Severe personal/family problems (e.g. family bereavement), major accommodation problems.
The following will not be considered as Special Circumstances:
- Computer failure (you should ensure adequate backups)
- Printer queues (you should manage your time better)
- Lack of access to resources (better planning will ensure this does not happen)
- Illness for which a medical certificate is not available
- Poor time management
- More than one deadline on the same day
- Inability to answer question or struggling with the material
- Performance Productions, or Departmental study trips
- Non-Academic activities